These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Zunderschutzlack Thermodur Scale X 1100 - in tin can à ...more
Zunderschutzlack Thermodur Scale X 1100 - 0,4 l (Spray)
in tin can à 0,4 l (Spray)
- ideal for knife blades
- ensures even heating/cooling
- Application temperature 600 to 1,100°C
- quick processing (spray)
- very economical, approx. 10-15µm layer thickness
- Drying time approx. 2 minutes (at 40°C)
- residue-free removal after heat treatment
Thermodur Scale X 1100 avoids the formation of scale during the heat treatment of steel, stainless steel and tool steel.
This ensures uniform heating and cooling and reduces the risk of edge decarburization (carbon loss) on the surface of the workpiece.
Particularly ideal for knives and blades that have already been ground to size and where uniform heating is required during the hardening process.
The lacquer also ensures uniform cooling during quenching and thereby reduces hardness errors in the workpiece or blade.
1. Cleaning the workpiece (grease-free, dust-free, dry, metallically clean)
2. Shake the spray can
3. Apply evenly to the workpiece (very thin layer)
4. If the curing process is longer, apply another layer (let the previous layer dry for at least 5 minutes)
5. Allow the workpiece to dry completely before placing it in the oven (approx. 30 minutes at room temperature)
6. Heat treat the workpiece in the oven
7. Quench the workpiece - this causes the paint to "fall off". If any residue is still visible, carefully remove it with a fine wire brush.
It is better to apply the varnish thinly in 2 passes and let it dry thoroughly.
When spraying, work under an exhaust system, outdoors or in very well-ventilated rooms.